The help / Kathryn Stockett.
Förlag: Penguin Books
Originally published: 2009
Omfång: 451 s.
Här finns titeln:
An interesting book. Still in 1962, there was division between blacks and whites in the southern United States. That white women did not want their black housekeepers to sit on their toilet but it was fully okay that they had to raise and take care of the white children. It was the time when Martin Luther King gave his speech: I have a dream ..... One of the main characters are Aibileen and she fulfill Martin Luther King's thoughts on that skin color does not matter and talking about this for the children she takes care of. Inside, we are all equal. The novel is a struggle in which black women have the courage to talk about their lives as domestic servants, in a book published, even if they know they may encounter a lot of trouble if they get revealed. For this is the south where you get killed if you are black and walks into a public toilet intended for white.
Andra titlar av samma författare
- African American women : Mississippi : Jackson : Fiction
- African American women household employees : Social conditions : Fiction
- Afro-amerikanska kvinnor : Förenta staterna : Mississippi (stat) : 1960-talet : skönlitteratur
- Afro-amerikanska kvinnor : Förenta staterna : Mississippi (stat) : skönlitteratur
- Civil rights movements : Fiction